The Geophysical Association of Ireland
would like to thank all those who attended the one-day seminar on Environmental Geophysics on February 15th, 2012.
The GAI would like to thank everyone who took part in and attended the Engineering Geophysics Seminar which was held at Engineers Ireland in Dublin on the 9th February 2011.
The GAI would like to bring to your attention the Irish Geoscience Graduate Programme (IGGP) initiative, which has been created to further Geoscience research excellence.
All courses are available free of charge to postgraduate students registered at an Irish or Northern Irish Third or Fourth Level Academic Institution, and to Irish-based academics (subject to space availability).
All courses are also available to non-Irish students or to industry as Professional Development for a fee.
The institutions involved include:
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies. School of Cosmic Physics, Geophysics Section. (DIAS)
- National University of Ireland, Galway. Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences. (NUIG)
- Trinity College, Dublin. Department of Geology. (TCD)
- University College, Cork. Department of Geology. (UCC)
- University College, Dublin. School of Geological Sciences. (UCD)
- University of Ulster, Coleraine. School of Environmental Sciences, Geophysics Research Group. (UU)
For information, please visit the IGGP website (www.iggp.ie)
The GAI membership is free at present. We welcome applications for membership from anybody with a casual, academic or professional interest in geophysics. To apply please fill out the form available below.
Application for Membership